Admittedly, building a robot arm joint transmission is way more difficult than I expected. But where’s the fun in a simple project? In my last post, I explained why a geared transmission doesn’t work. This week I’ll try a new approach.
A few weeks ago I finish the first prototype of the stepper transission I need for my Robot Arm joint. In the process of improving this transmission, I tried some 3D printed gears and ended up cheating …
2 weeks ago I wrote about my new project: building my own DUM-E robot. And while I have a lot of idea’s for this project, I mainly spent my time waiting for the nessecery parts to arrive. So to ease the waiting, let’s work on making the passive side of the joint a little more sexy.
One of the things I wasn’t expecting when my girlfriend was expecting our first child, was the amount of home improvement that was necessary protect our house from our small crawling wrecking ball. This week, it was time to protect our staircase.