With the activity board controller finally in place and tested. It’s time to throw together the actual firmware. Let’s fire up VSCode!
After a succesful intergration of the push buttons it is time to wrap up the front panel. With 9 switches, 3 buttons, 2 displays, 1 slide pot, 1 rotary encoder and a lot of LEDs, this includes a lot of wiring.
Now that the activity board casing is done. It’s time to start the wiring of all the components. A tedious job which I take way too serious.
Two weeks ago, I wrote about the Activity Board I’m building for my son. Since I want this panel to use a 5 volt power supply, i needed to tweak some of the buttons I’ll be using.
With all of my projects that include one or more buttons, I know one thing for sure. The buttons will be extensively tested by my 1,5 year old tinkerer Enzo. My Automatic curtains need to open and closed more than a few times a day, and my robot arm’s test buttons are being pressed repeatedly even while it isn’t powered on. I think the message is clear: he wants his own buttons!
2 weeks ago I wrote about my new project: building my own DUM-E robot. And while I have a lot of idea’s for this project, I mainly spent my time waiting for the nessecery parts to arrive. So to ease the waiting, let’s work on making the passive side of the joint a little more sexy.
As most of the Arduino tinkering makers, I have some NeoPixels LEDs in my drawers. Especially the 8x8 NeoMatrix is a beautiful piece of illumination. But till now, I didn’t have any good use for it yet. Time to make it a bit more useful!
Ever since I bought my Lulzbot Mini, I’m hooked to the concept of 3D printing. But not only the printing keeps me busy. Creating the perfect printing environment is just as addictive.
Every year during Easter, my family in law organise a serious egg decoration competition. Throwing around some paint won’t do it for you. And since I didn’t win last year, it was time to step up my game …