When I started my automatic curtain project more than a year ago, I didn’t expect it to be so much work. But with the last of the four motor units ready to be installed, the project starts to get shape.
Now that the prototype is finally complete, it is time to start assembling the 4 final motor units: a combination of wood working, 3D printing and some minor cussing. Because I expect some small adjustments along the way, I’ll make the units piece by piece.
After playing around with the latest version of PJON, I finally found a good way for Arduino to Arduino communication. And with some test-code up and running, it was time to implement it in my automatic curtain driver.
Exactly one year ago I started working on a new project: a smartphone controlled automated curtain system. Of course, this isn’t something groundbreaking or new. The reason I picked it up is because I wanted to experiment with the mechanics, aside from all the electronics and software.To make it a bit more challenging, I set one special requirement …